EBP supports corporate development and communications as part of the integral waste management scheme in Chiclayo, Peru Corporate development and communications for integral waste management in Chiclayo, Peru
Waste management is a huge challenge for the towns and municipalities of Peru. Dumps on the outskirts and poor management are both prevalent. The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) has been supporting the city of Chiclayo in northern Peru to make improvements in waste disposal. Specifically this included the construction of a landfill and a transfer station, organisational change in waste collection and waste disposal and improvements to the waste management system. There was also a broad-based communication campaign to provide information and raise public awareness.
EBP supports the project in the areas of corporate development and communications.
Corporate development encompasses:
- an analysis of the present situation
- definition of a development strategy, a vision, with appropriate goals and measures, particularly in organisational and financial areas
- extensive support for the implementation
- the creation of a communication strategy
- support with the implementation of the strategy through different local communication activities
- evaluation of the campaign activities