A waste collection center is proposed to be built in the industrial / commercial area of Geneva Praille. As part of feasibility study different aspects are examined. Finally, a viable option for the waste collection center has been identified.
A waste collection center is proposed to be built in the industrial / commercial area of Geneva Praille. As part of a feasibility study (in cooperation with CSD Ingénieurs), different aspects are examined:
- different types of waste to be treated (municipal waste, bulky goods, industrial and commercial waste, construction waste, wood, metal),
- project costs and profitability,
- vehicular accessibility, transport and mobility,
- architecture, structural engineering and
- design of the business model.
Finally, a viable option for the waste collection center will be identified.
Working in the transportation sector:
Based on the estimated amount of waste to be treated, the number of transports by rail and road generated in the waste collection center is estimated. It is shown schematically, which transportation infrastructure (railways, roads etc.) is required for handling operations and which operational procedures are carried out. Similarly, the compatibility of the current plans of the development of freight rail systems in this area is qualitatively estimated.